Test your knowledge of gold plated jewelry with this fun quiz. This quiz contains 10 questions and takes approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
Answer all questions before submitting.
Try to answer all questions without using outside help.
For multiple choice questions, select the answer that seems most appropriate.
The correct answers will be revealed after each question.
The total score will appear at the end of the quiz.
1. What is gold plated?
- A layer of gold covering a brass or copper object
- A method of dyeing jewelry
- A type of paste used for making jewelry
- A rare gemstone
2. How many layers of gold are generally used in gold plating?
- The number varies depending on the quality
3. What is micron thickness in gold plated?
- The thickness of the gold layer
- The number of gold layers
- The coupling of two different types of gold
- The number of precious stones that adorn the jewel
- Solid gold is made of pure gold while gold plated only has a thin layer of it.
- Gold plated is more expensive than solid gold.
- Solid gold is easier to maintain than gold plated.
- There is no difference between the two.
5. How can gold plated jewelry be taken care of?
- Gold plated jewelry requires no maintenance.
- Avoid wearing gold-plated jewelry in the shower or in a swimming pool.
- Gold plated jewelry can be cleaned with any jewelry cleaning product.
- Gold plated never tarnishes, so there is no need to take care of the jewelry.
6. How is gold plated made?
- By placing a thin layer of gold on a brass or copper object using an electrolytic method.
- Using a dyeing method to add a layer of gold to a base material.
- By fusing pure gold with a base material to create an alloy.
- By spreading real gold leaf onto a base material.
7. Does gold plated jewelry contain real gold?
- Yes, but only a thin layer.
- No, gold plated jewelry is made entirely of base materials.
- Gold plated jewelry contains as much gold as solid gold jewelry.
- Gold-plated jewelry holds its golden color thanks to a chemical substance.
8. How much does gold plated jewelry cost compared to solid gold?
- Gold plated jewelry is generally less expensive than solid gold jewelry.
- Gold plated jewelry is generally more expensive than solid gold jewelry.
- Gold plated and solid gold jewelry are similarly priced.
- Gold plated jewelry has no real value because it is covered with a thin layer of gold.
- Yes, gold plated jewelry can tarnish over time if the thickness of the gold coverage is low.
- No, gold plated jewelry is tarnish resistant.
- All gold plated jewelry will tarnish after a while.
- Gold plated jewelry will only tarnish if exposed to salt water.
1. A layer of gold covering a brass or copper object
2. Number varies depending on quality
3. The thickness of the gold layer
4. Solid gold is made of pure gold while gold plated only has a thin layer of it.
5. Avoid wearing gold-plated jewelry in the shower or in a swimming pool.
6. By placing a thin layer of gold on a brass or copper object using an electrolytic method.
7. Yes, but only a thin layer.
8. Gold plated jewelry is generally less expensive than solid gold jewelry.
9. By checking that the jewelry bears the fitting mark and the wedding ring mark.
10. Yes, gold plated jewelry may tarnish over time if the thickness of the gold coverage is low.
Each correctly answered question has a value of 2 points, the maximum score is 20 points. Compare your score with the table below to see where you stand:
0 - 6 points: You need more information about gold plated jewelry. Do research to improve your knowledge.
7 - 12 points: You have a basic understanding of gold plated jewelry. Keep learning to improve your knowledge.
13 - 18 points: You are an expert in gold-plated jewelry. Well done !
19 - 20 points: You are a professional in gold-plated jewelry. Impressive !